Insights From Research and Reading
- Due: End of Class Monday (Today)
- Each partner must submit their edited insight developed last week.
- When possible, try to include some science terms such as: mutualism, symbiosis, interdependence, ecosystem, population, community, species, relationships.
- Remember the rules posted on our blog last week!
Profile of A Stakeholder in the current Bee Problem
- Due: Beginning of Class Wednesday (October 30, 2013)
- Each group must construct TWO profiles of potential stakeholders they want to target a solution for. Ultimately, you will select one in the end and in fact may choose another stakeholder that you didn’t plan for.
- Use the following procedure to guide this work:
- Use the list developed in Social Studies class to guide your decision. Pick the two you want to focus on.
- Research how these “stakeholders” interact and hold a relationship with the honey bee. Focus on the following:
- How might they depend on honey bees and how do honey bees depend on them?
- How might this stakeholder help preserve the honey bee’s existence?
- How does this stakeholder feel about the current honey bee problem?
- How sustainable is their “business” if the honey bee population continues to go down?
- Using a regular size paper, create a “profile” visual combining visual sketches and words to communicate the background of this “stakeholder”.
- Post this “profile” on the front wall.
We are entering a period in the project where students will need to access a variety of resources... We have started a resource page with links to various websites.