- K-7 Standard P.EN: Develop an understanding that there are many forms of energy (such as heat, light, sound, and electrical) and that energy is transferable by convection, conduction, or radiation. Understand energy can be in motion, called kinetic; or it can be stored, called potential...
- P.EN.M.3 Waves and Energy-Waves have energy and transfer energy when they interact with matter. Examples of waves include sound waves, seismic waves, waves on water, and light waves.
- P.EN.07.31 Identify examples of waves, including sound waves, seismic waves, and waves on water.
- P.EN.07.32 Describe how waves are produced by vibrations in matter.
- P.EN.07.33 Demonstrate how waves transfer energy when they interact with matter (for example: tuning fork in water, waves hitting a beach, earthquake knocking over buildings).
We are going to focus on the general question: "Sound: how can we reuse common household materials to amp it or damp it?" Check out the project flyer below for more information and get excited!